Mechanical Engineering opportunity in Boston MA.
This is a Senior Mechanical Engineer with a specialty in plastics, this person will be the “go to” plastics person within the organization. You will be working on the research team to come up with new solutions based on customer and doctor/surgeon input for a variety of our product lines.
We build products that both improve and save patients lives. If you are looking for an opportunity to be a SME for our R&D team, please reach out.
We’re looking for growth oriented individuals that are looking to learn new things, advance their careers and growth their abilities.
- Plastic part design experience, ultrasonic welding and other plastic assembly techniques
- Proficient in SolidWorks
- Medical device experience required
- Experience working in a research context Preferred
- Other Experience with medical device development under FDA Quality Systems Regulations, CE Marking, and ISO Quality Systems Required Other Equivalent combination of training and experience
- Works cross-functionally within R&D to coordinate the requirements of adjacent technical areas, such as Mechanical Design, Plastics and Research,
- Work with Clinical Specialists for knowledge transfer and training.
- Develops complex test protocols; reviews, and rejects or approves test protocols developed by others, documents/reports findings, and provides corrective guidance.
- Independently solves a wide range of complex and diverse problems and evaluates short term impact of recommendations.